Thursday, September 19, 2013

Avenger's Eggs: Breakfast of Champions Recipe

I know a lot of people who don't eat breakfast, but it's arguably the most important meal for the day. It jumpstarts your metabolism and gives you the energy you need to start the day right. I find that with the right breakfast, I don't feel like I "need" coffee quite as much. In fact, for my Whole 30, I'm forgoing coffee (even though it's not a requirement), just because I always think it's good to cleanse the body when it becomes reliant on any sort of chemical.

So this is my typical breakfast and it's very easy to whip up in about 20 minutes with the right amount of prep. I'm have it on high authority that The Avengers eat this every morning. No really. That's totally true. Check wikipedia. Well don't. Just take my word for it because I did not in any way just lie to you to promote my work. 


Keep in mind, I make my friend Catspaw's seasoned beef every week. I chop up a bag of two bell peppers and a bag of pre-sliced mushrooms. 

Ingredients

  • Mushrooms
  • Peppers
  • 4-6 oz pre-cooked ground beef
  • 2 eggs
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Sea Salt


  1. Put the stove on medium heat. 
  2. Spray pan with EVOO.
  3. Add one handful of sliced mushroom and one handful of chopped pepper to the pan. Add a little sea salt, garlic and onion powder. 
  4. Mix everything in the pan until the veggies are evenly coated.
  5. Sauté for about 5 minutes till mushrooms are soft and brown.
  6. Crack two eggs into a bowl and 2 tbs of water. 
  7. Whisk eggs.
  8. Add to pan and scramble with the veggies for about two minutes.
  9. Add in 4-6 oz. of your ground beef mix. 
  10. Move all ingredients in the pan so that the eggs don't get burned or over cooked while your ground beef heats. This should take about a minute.
  11. Serve and put it in your face mouth!



No comments:

Post a Comment