Everyone is playing the new Final Fantasy MMO but me and it's driving me to madness. It's the kind of thing I would absolutely love to play but can't afford to spend the money on for the amount of enjoyment I'd get out of it at this point. I know as soon as I decide to give in and buy it, they'll all be bored and switch to something else. So I've decided to do something a little... drastic?
I'm going to kill and eat all of the chocobos until there are none left and my friends won't have mounts for their adventures, they all flock back to ME, and hopefully play Pokemon X/Y instead!
Mwahahaha...MwahahahAHAHA... MWAHAHAHAHAAHAH! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Ahem. So anyways.
The best part is, this Paleo recipe is DELICIOUS and super easy to whip up. Without further ado, here's my recipe for:
Baked Chocobo with Greens and Sweet Potato
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Take a baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil.
- Cut off the butts of the asparagus and check for mold (GROSS, but do it just in case or you'll need all the white mages).
- Wash the asparagus and then lay it out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil on the the asparagus followed by salt, pepper and a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Once that's done, use your hands to evenly toss the asparagus with the seasonings and oil.
- Cut the excess fat from the chicken and then use a knife to score the top of the breast 3-5 times.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll the chicken around in the marinade until it thickens and everything is evenly coated. Warning: When you put all of the ingredients in that dish, it will look wrong because everything will seem like it's in a sea of oil. Once the garlic powder and the oil/balsamic gets rubbed into the chicken a bit, there will be far less extra marinade in the dish, so just trust me.
- Put both the asparagus and the chicken in the oven.
- Set two timers; one for asparagus and one for the chicken. Set the asparagus timer for 11 minutes and the chicken for 25 minutes.
- When the asparagus is done, take it out of the oven while the chicken continues to bake and cover it.
- Wash sweet potatoes and dry carefully so that they don't steam in the microwave.
- Scour them with a knife 3-5 times on each side.
- Wrap each potato in a piece of paper towel.
- Put each one in the microwave for five minutes (Make sure you do it individually or they won't cook all the way through).
- Pull your chicken out when the timer goes off. Check to make sure it's cooked all the way through.
- Serve your chocobo meal and eat it. EAT IT WHILE THE CHILDREN CRY.