It's time for another Project Reroll recipe! To celebrate the premiere of the new season of Game of Thrones, I thought I would attack the "premiere" meal of the day, breakfast! I love corned beef hash, but that's not in the cards if you're trying to keep to a healthy diet, so I decided to create a new take on my old favorite. Toss out the carbs, and bring on the egg whites, broccoli slaw, romaine, chili powder, and shallots! It's time for a breakfast fit for the Mother of Dragons herself:
Targeryen Dragonfire Hash
Prep time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 1/4 lb of 90% or more lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1 shallot.
- 1 tbs basil
- 1 tbs parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups Baby Romaine or Spinach (depending on your preference)
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- Hot Sauce (to taste)
- Wash your hands.
- Put the beef in a mixing bowl.
- Chop your shallot and put it in the bowl.
- Add your basil, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Put a skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- While you wait for the skillet to warm, use your hands to mix the ingredients in the mixing bowl thoroughly.
- When you are done, put the seasoned ground beef into the pan and spread it out evenly. DO NOT add oil to the pan. You won't need it.
- Leave untouched for 3 minutes so the bottom layer can brown.
- Return and stir continually until everything is cooked to the same level of brown-ness.
- Use a spatula to break up the beef completely and spread it along the bottom of the pan.
- Add your romaine or spinach.
- Add 1 cup broccoli slaw.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the veggies start to warm. Mix them in with the beef.
- Add hot sauce on top to your desired level of hotness.
- Measure out your egg whites and pour them evenly over the ingredients in the pan.
- Cover pan and leave to set for 5 minutes or till desired consistency is achieved.
- Uncover and serve!
Add more veggies! Tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, the sky's the limit! Get creative!
This dish makes for a veggie filled, protein packed, super filling start to the day with a bit of a spicy kick to boot! After eating this breakfast, I guarantee you'll have the energy you need to gather an army and sail across the narrow sea to claim the Iron Throne- and that's a 100% Khaleesi promise.
Why not give it a try yourself? Leave your experiences and ideas in the comments!