Thursday, June 6, 2013

Baked Eggs in an Avocado Recipe


My new favorite thing is baking eggs in avocados. I learned about this idea from a friend on the Nerd Fitness forums. I've posted a few pictures on Facebook of my delicacies and every time I make one of these things, I get a real "bigger on the inside" vibe. Honestly, the possibilities are endless. Once you get the egg in there, you can top it with anything that strikes your fancy, so break out your favorite wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey bits and get to the kitchen for this delicious Paleo treat! So without further ado, I give you my recipe for:

Baked Eggs in an Avocado Tardis


Serves: 1

Ingredients:

  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 2 eggs
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Any toppings you choose (cooked ground beef, bacon, tomato, pepper, onions, etc. Use your imagination!)


  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Slice an avocado in half and remove the pit.
  3. Scoop out a little extra avocado to make more room for the eggs. There will be SOME overflow but you don't want most of the whites to go to waste.
  4. Create a "bowl" out of aluminum foil and place your avocado halves inside. Set it on a baking sheet.
  5. Crack two eggs into the hollows of the avocados.
  6. Salt and pepper to taste!
  7. Add your toppings.
  8. Put your avocado in the oven for 20-25 minutes (till the eggs reach your desired level of firmness).
  9. Plate your avocado Tardis halves and devour them! They make the perfect paleo companion for any Doctor Who episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment